Attorney and Managing Partner
After graduating from law school in 1980, Rick took two bar exams during the same week—California and Nevada. He passed them both; an accomplishment unmatched by anyone since. He had an overall score of 95 percent on the Nevada bar exam.
Rick first practiced with Criminal Defense Attorney and former Las Vegas Mayor, Oscar Goodman. In 1982, he founded Richard Harris Law Firm. As a trial lawyer and skilled negotiator, Rick has resolved several of the largest personal injury cases in Nevada. He has earned membership into the prestigious Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers, the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, Outstanding Lawyers of America, and the Verdict Club as a platinum member. Rick served on the Board of Governors of the Nevada Justice Association and has been a lobbyist for injury victims' rights in the Nevada Legislature.
Rick is committed to legal education and is the Patron of the Nevada Justice Association Series on Continuing Legal Education, which is named in his honor. In 2010, he received the association's Badger Award for his community service work.
He lectures often as an adjunct professor of law at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas, Boyd School of Law, and is the author of several legal articles and publications. Rick is a frequently requested arbitrator and mediator. He is also a LL.M. candidate in dispute resolution at Pepperdine University School of Law's famed Straus Institute for dispute resolution; which has been ranked the number one program in the country for four consecutive years.
Highly regarded by his clients and peers, Rick's representation and consultation is regularly requested in the areas of personal injury and wrongful death litigation, negotiation, arbitration, mediation, law practice management, and marketing.
- Brigham Young University, bachelor's in communications, cum laude
- University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law, J.D. (1980)
- Best Oral Advocate, finalist
- Moot Court Honors Board
- Pepperdine University School of Law, Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution, LL.M. candidate in Dispute Resolution (2009)
- California (1980)
- Nevada (1980)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- The Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- The Verdict Club, platinum member
- Nevada Justice Association, Board of Governors
- Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers
- Outstanding Lawyers of America
- Badger Award, community service, Nevada Justice Association Series on Continuing Legal Education